From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: Major issue with image loading in FOP 0.95beta
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 21:39:15 GMT
Andreas Delmelle a écrit :
> For now, you also spoke about the requests "suffocating" the server.
> Do you mean that there are also a lot /more/ requests, or only that
> they take longer to process on the FOP-side? If you also have an
> increase in the total number of requests, this could mean that the
> image-loading framework (unnecessarily?) tries to access the same
> images multiple times, which may already provide a pointer as to where
> to start looking in the code.

No, but the behaviour looks very different in the server traces.

FOP 0.94: a sequence of : one request / one response / one request / one
response etc.
with constant (server) response time seen in the server logs.

Same application with FOP 0.95beta: seems to launch a whole bunch of
requests at the same time, say 5..10.15.. requests for different images
seen at the same time in the logs. And more a few seconds later.
Now the way we interpret the SVN server logs is that the corresponding
time traced in the logs is growing in a linear way until it reaches the
server timeout (300 s = 5 min. was the default). Then the SVN server
supposes nobody's listening to an answer and somehow closes the
connection. And then FOP on the other side crashes immediately.
Looks somehow like someone very hungry ordering 10 plates at the same
time in a restaurant and eating slowly. Until the waiter gives up. (If
you forgive me the comparison.)