From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: generating EPSF (with preview)?
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 09:32:17 GMT
On May 9, 2008, at 11:09, paul womack wrote:

Hi Paul

> q1) are there any plans to generate EPSF?
> I suspect I know enough to use perl (or similar) to transform
> the present PostScript into EPSF, but I'd rather not...

To my knowledge, this is not on the planning yet.

> An epsf file, to be useful in an interactive environment
> needs a rendered preview. Given that fop can also
> generate a number of raster formats, I was hoping
> to use this facility to generate EPSF and a raster
> preview from the same xsl/data. However, given
> some helpful advice from Andreas, it appears
> that choice of renderer influences layout decisions.
>
> q2) Is it possible to (somehow) use the same layout
> for two renderers?

See the link Jeremias provided yesterday. I indeed pointed out that
you should specify the eventual target format.
If you were to use one area tree, with 'application/pdf' as target,
you can render that same file to PDF and to TIFF.
The differences between the two should then be restricted to a
minimum (while the TIFF output will be different from the result you
would get when rendering to TIFF directly).

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas