From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Page bottom padding
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 08:32:55 GMT
On May 6, 2008, at 10:03, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

>> Take
>>
>> <fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve">
>> line1
>> line2
>> line3
>> </fo:block>
>>
>> If you use display-align on an ancestor table-cell or block-
>> container, that would only specify something about a constraint on
>> the placement of the block as a whole.
>
> You forget line-height which can be specified as a "<space>". Too
> bad we
> don't support that variant, yet. And once we have it, it's going to
> throw our test suite upside down because we'll have to fix a lot of
> checks. ;-)

:-)

Hmm, and percentages on <space> are not defined, percentages on line-
height are computed relative to the font-size.

If <space> line-heights were implemented, then what could work,
maybe, is property value functions...

Something like

<fo:block-container block-progression-dimension="100%">
   <fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve"
             line-height.minimum="1"
             line-height.optimum="1.2"
             line-height.maximum="inherited-property-value(block-
progression-dimension)">
   line1
   line2
   line3
   </fo:block>
</fo:block-container>

should then spread the three lines over the full reference-area
height, IIC.

Cheers

Andreas