From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Font auto detection combined with font aliases
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 06:33:32 GMT
A font substitution facility to handle this requirement has recently
been added to FOP Trunk. I've just updated the website but it will take
a few hours until the web server is synchronized. So I'll just paste the
documentation here for your convenience:

Substitution

When a <substitutions/> section is defined in the configuration, FOP
will re-map any font-family references found in your FO input to a given
substitution font.

    * If a <substitution/> is declared, it is mandatory that both a
      <from/> and <to/> child element is declared with a font-family
      attribute.
    * Both font-weight and font-style are optional attributes, if they
      are provided then a value of 'normal' is assumed.

For example you could make all FO font-family references to 'Arial' with
weights between 700 and 900 reference the normal 'Arial Black' font.

<fop version="1.0">
   <fonts>
      <substitutions>
         <substitution>
            <from font-family="Arial" font-weight="700..900"/>
            <to font-family="Arial Black"/>
         </substitution>
         <substitution>
            <from font-family="FrutigerLight"/>
            <to font-family="Times" font-weight="bold" font-style="italic"/>
         </substitution>
      </substitutions>
   </fonts>
</fop>

This will pop up here later:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html

Feedback is welcome as it's a new feature!

HTH

Jeremias Maerki