From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: No warning for overflow in static-content
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:49:33 GMT
Thanks for catching that, Patrice. I've restored the missing message:

Please note that the warning messages are different due to the new
processing feedback framework:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/events.html
The main advantage with the new facility is the reliable programmatic
evaluation of events.

The reason for the warning in the first place:
You specify a 24pt height for the region-before but you have content
with an overall height of 72pt in the static-content.

On 04.06.2008 10:09:54 patrice.rosnet wrote:

> Hello
>
> In the following example, I'm testing warnings on region-before overflow.
> I create 2 page-sequences of 1 page with region-before overflow
> I'm expecting 2 warnings but only get 1
>
> * With FOP-trunk 663011:
> WARN: Content overflows the viewport of the fo:region-before on page 2 in block-progression
direction by 48000 millipoints. (See position 26:44)
> --> Only 1 warning
>
> * With FOP 0.95-beta:
> WARN: static-content overflows the available area. (fo:static-content, location: 11/44)
> WARN: Part/page 0 overflows the available area in block-progression dimension. (fo:static-content,
location: 26/44)
> --> Warnings are different
>
> The only difference between the 2 page-sequences is the "keep-together" on the fo:block
of the static-content

> I have tested with several "extent" values: if the extent value is very
> low, the warning appears but when I increase the extent value, the
> warning disappears.
>

> Do you have some explanations or is it a bug ?
> Thanks for your help
> Patrice
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki