From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jimi/core/Jimi
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:59:02 GMT
Hey Michi

In theory, FOP 0.93 should run without Jimi. Why it doesn't work for you
is a little unclear to me. Since you use Java 1.5, the image should have
been loaded over ImageIO or one of the bundled image codecs (depending
on what image format you tried to load).

Anyway, Jimi is old and was mostly needed by users of Java 1.3 but
usually works fine even in later Java versions. Since FOP 0.95beta, we
have a new image loading framework which doesn't use Jimi anymore (which
is why bundling it with FOP is not an issue). We mostly rely on ImageIO
there.

So if FOP does want Jimi, putting it in the classpath hopefully fixes
the problem. But still, I'm at a loss to explain why the JimiImage class
is triggered in the first place.

HTH

On 04.06.2008 23:06:22 Michael Wechner wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using FOP for JDK1.5 via Maven
> >
> > .m2/repository/fop/fop/0.93/
> > fop-0.93-jdk15.jar  fop-0.93.pom  fop-0.93.pom.md5
> >
> > and everything compiles fine, but when executing then I receive the
> > following error
> >
> > ERROR org.apache.fop.image.AbstractFopImage.loadImage():157  - Error
> > while loading image (Jimi): com/sun/jimi/core/Jimi
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jimi/core/Jimi
> >        at org.apache.fop.image.JimiImage.loadImage(JimiImage.java:80)
> >
> > I have tried to find this library but somehow cannot find it.
> >
> > Any idea where this lib is available from
>

> I think I have found it
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
>
> but from the description it seems to me this is only necessary when
> using Java 1.1.x, right?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> > and which version should be used?
> >
> > Also would it make sense maybe to add this lib to the dependencies of
> > FOP?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Michael
> >

> --
> Michael Wechner
> Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management   -    Apache Lenya
> http://www.wyona.com                      http://lenya.apache.org
> michael.wechner@wyona.com                        michi@apache.org
> +41 44 272 91 61

Jeremias Maerki