From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: alpha transparency in XML-defined color?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:29:10 GMT
No idea. I don't have any plans in this direction and as I said, this is
not something that's in the XSL spec so there's little motivation to
work on it (especially if there are work-arounds). You're also the first
to ask for such a feature (if my brain serves me right). You can always
implement it yourself and submit a patch.

On 27.06.2008 13:38:54 v@k wrote:

> Hi Jeremias,
>
> thanks, what you suggest as a workaround does indeed work with SVG and .png
> that both support opacity attributes. Is there any idea on whether alpha
> values for background will be supported by FOP in the near future?
>
> all the best,
>

> Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:
> >
> > XSL-FO, for one, doesn't support specifying alpha values for background
> > colors. That would have to be done through extension attributes or
> > functions. At the moment, FOP does not support that, except if you use
> > an SVG graphic as background image where you can use
> > fill-/stroke-opacity. I haven't checked that approach but it should work.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > On 18.06.2008 14:11:42 Vangelis Karageorgos wrote:
> >> Hi everybody,
> >>
> >> a question we've come up with is whether FOP supports alpha transparency
> >> in,
> >> say, a block's background color. We have checked out the .png
> >> transparency
> >> that has been working fine, yet we're considering whether we could
> >> attempt
> >> similar transparency effects with nested blocks of different background
> >> colors including alpha transparency.
> >>
> >> thanks in advance,
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki