From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: AW: Problem with EPS Pictures in fop 0.95
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:09:29 GMT
On Jun 16, 2008, at 18:09, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> I suspect that this file comes from a Mac and still includes the
> resource fork. Could also explain the second file with the same
> name in
> your e-mail.

Confirmed. Robert's post containing the image showed just one
attachment here.

Looking at the raw source, I see

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C8CFBA.79875C80

------=_NextPart_001_000E_01C8CFBA.79875C80

The actual EPS was correctly recognized by Apple Mail and Preview.

> Looking at:
> http://devworld.apple.com/documentation//mac/MoreToolbox/
> MoreToolbox-99.html
> I have trouble identifying something in there that would allow us to
> reliably identify the presence of a resource fork (like a magic number
> or something). Anybody around with experience with resource forks?

Not really. Just been browsing around a bit, and generally, removing
the resource forks is done as part of a batch process.
A forked image file is also unusable for web pages. Maybe Adobe
Photoshop allows saving the file for use on a different platform?

If not, then the following link could be useful:
http://www.amug.org/~glguerin/sw/#macbinary

> If my suspicion above is correct, maybe the Mac gurus here have some
> tips for Robert. Just removing some leading bytes will not be the
> answer
> as that doesn't guarantee that you've removed everything, as you
> noticed.
> But if you use the second file that was included in your e-mail, it
> should work (it worked for me). Apparently, something stripped the
> resource fork from the file.

IIRC, on other platforms, the resource fork would appear as a second
file with the same name with a prefix. Something like
'._langh_bilder_3_direkt.eps' (?)

Cheers

Andreas