From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: 0.94 AND 0.95b Images
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:35:44 GMT
On Jun 3, 2008, at 18:04, _zachary_ wrote:

Hi

> I would love some help on this issue because it has been driving me
> crazy.
> First, let me describe what I am trying to do.  I am trying to make
> images
> that are bigger than my fo:block shrink to the size of the block,
> breaking
> it off to its own line, so that no text is before or after it.
> Next, for
> the images that are smaller than my block I want my text to flow
> around the
> image.

To better understand whether what you need is even possible: What do
you mean by 'flow' exactly?
A simple inline external-graphic or instream-foreign-object will
become a part of the containing line-area.

For the smaller images, you would get something like:

[IMAGE] following text on the same line
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
following text on the next line

The only thing you can control is the placement of the graphic. By
adjusting the area alignment, you can influence where it is placed on
the line relative to the baseline of the text.

If you really need a flowing effect like:

[IMAGE] following text on the same line
[IMAGE] following text on the next line
[IMAGE]

Then I'm afraid you're out of luck, since that would require a
fo:float or fo:inline-container, both of which are currently
unimplemented in FOP.

With a fo:float, something like the following would also be possible:

[IMAGE] following text on the same line
[IMAGE] following text on the next line
[IMAGE] following text on the next line
following text on the next line

With an fo:inline-container, the closest you get is:

[IMAGE] following text on the same line
[IMAGE] following text on the next line
[IMAGE] following text on the next line
         following text on the next line

This last bit can also be mimicked by using an fo:table with two
columns.

Cheers

Andreas