From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jimi/core/Jimi
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 08:25:29 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

>Hey Michi
>
>In theory, FOP 0.93 should run without Jimi. Why it doesn't work for you
>is a little unclear to me. Since you use Java 1.5, the image should have
>been loaded over ImageIO or one of the bundled image codecs (depending
>on what image format you tried to load).

the images are loaded actually, but it nevertheless throws this error
within the log

>Anyway, Jimi is old and was mostly needed by users of Java 1.3 but
>usually works fine even in later Java versions. Since FOP 0.95beta, we
>have a new image loading framework which doesn't use Jimi anymore (which
>is why bundling it with FOP is not an issue). We mostly rely on ImageIO
>there.

ok, I just wanted to upgrade to 0.94 to see if there is any difference,
whereas for example ibiblio doesn't seem to contain 0.94

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/fop/fop/

I guess 0.95beta is rather stable. When do you expect to release it?

>So if FOP does want Jimi, putting it in the classpath hopefully fixes
>the problem. But still, I'm at a loss to explain why the JimiImage class
>is triggered in the first place.

I have completely cleaned my local maven2 repo and rebuilt and now the
error log message is gone. Very strange.
Please apologize the noise and thanks very much for your feedback

Cheers

Michi

>HTH
>
>On 04.06.2008 23:06:22 Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>>Michael Wechner wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I am using FOP for JDK1.5 via Maven
>>>
>>>.m2/repository/fop/fop/0.93/
>>>fop-0.93-jdk15.jar  fop-0.93.pom  fop-0.93.pom.md5
>>>
>>>and everything compiles fine, but when executing then I receive the
>>>following error
>>>
>>>ERROR org.apache.fop.image.AbstractFopImage.loadImage():157  - Error
>>>while loading image (Jimi): com/sun/jimi/core/Jimi
>>>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jimi/core/Jimi
>>>       at org.apache.fop.image.JimiImage.loadImage(JimiImage.java:80)
>>>
>>>I have tried to find this library but somehow cannot find it.
>>>
>>>Any idea where this lib is available from
>>>

>>I think I have found it
>>
>>http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
>>
>>but from the description it seems to me this is only necessary when
>>using Java 1.1.x, right?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Michael
>>

>>>and which version should be used?
>>>
>>>Also would it make sense maybe to add this lib to the dependencies of
>>>FOP?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Michael
>>>

>>--
>>Michael Wechner
>>Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management   -    Apache Lenya
>>http://www.wyona.com                      http://lenya.apache.org
>>michael.wechner@wyona.com                        michi@apache.org
>>+41 44 272 91 61
>>

>Jeremias Maerki

Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com