From Vincent Hennebert <vincent.henneb...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException when using Table Cells in FOP 0.95B
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:17:57 GMT
Hi Alexander,

Marx, Alexander wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an issue with Tables in my FOP when using FOP 0.95Beta instead of
> 0.94
>
> <fo:table
> border-collapse="separate" border-style="none" padding="2pt"
> table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
> <fo:table-column column-number="1" column-width="100%"/>
> <fo:table-body>
> <fo:table-row>
> <fo:table-cell vertical-align="top">
> <fo:block column-number="1" font-size="x-large" font-weight="bold"
> text-align="left">Name1</fo:block>
> </fo:table-cell>
> </fo:table-row>
> </fo:table-body>
> </fo:table>

You specified the column-number property on an element that doesn’t
support it (fo:block). I guess you wanted to set it on the parent
fo:table-cell element (although here it’s not needed). column-number
only applies to fo:table-column and fo:table-cell.

FOP lacks of robustness here since it crashes instead of just giving
a warning that column-number doesn’t apply to fo:block. Can you please
create a bug report on Bugzilla, attaching a complete FO file containing
your snippet above as an example?
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fop

This will help us to keep track of the issue. Thanks!

For now, if you just remove column-number from the fo:block your FO file
will render fine.

HTH,
Vincent