From "Martin Kristensen" ...@reklamedata.dk>
Subject Integrating Apache FOP in an Eclipse RCP app gives IncompatibleClassChangeError
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:50:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting this error when running Apache FOP as part of an Eclipse RCP application.

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder does not implement
the requested interface org.xml.sax.ContentHandler

           at com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.serializer.ToSAXHandler.startDocumentInternal(Unknown
Source)

           at com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.serializer.SerializerBase.startDocument(Unknown
Source)

           at rd_adsml_financials_fo.transform()

           at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.runtime.AbstractTranslet.transform(Unknown
Source)

           at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(Unknown
Source)

           at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(Unknown
Source)

           at dk.reklamedata.archive.DocConverter.xmlToPdf(DocConverter.java:64)

DocConverter.xmlToPdf is a simple XML to PDF conversion, copied from an official Apache FOP
example, which works fine if I run it as a separate class. I have created a separate Eclipse
plug-in with all the required Apache FOP jars, which I suppose is the way to do it with the
Eclipse platform.

Anyone else had similar problems when integrating Apache FOP in an Eclipse RCP app?

Best regards,

Martin Kristensen / Developer
Reklamedata A/S · Vordingborggade 18-22 · DK-2100 København Ø
Tel +45 35 272 222 · Fax +45 35 272 299 · Web www.reklamedata.dk <http://www.reklamedata.dk>

Tel Dir +45 35 272 247 · Mob +45 51990779 · Mail mk@reklamedata.dk <mailto:mk@reklamedata.dk>

The information in this message is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
do not disclose, copy, or distribute the message without express permission from the sender.
Please contact the sender if you have recieved this message in error.