From "Griffin,Sean" <SGRIF...@CERNER.COM>
Subject RE: fop-trunk nonbreaking spaces
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:49:35 GMT
Is &nbsp; even a valid entity for FO?  Try &#x00A0; instead.  Unless &nbsp; is
defined to match the character \u00A0...

I tried a test locally using &#x00A0; and it worked just fine.

Although I would question your use of non-breaking spaces in the first place.  Might you really
want white-space-collapse="false" and white-space-treatment="preserve" on your surrounding
block?

-----Original Message-----
From: _zachary_ [mailto:zdains@mac.com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 11:35 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: fop-trunk nonbreaking spaces

Hey Guys,

Before I talk about my new issue, I wanted to thank you all so much for your
help, it has saved my life :D.

Alright, so, I'm having an issue with non-breaking spaces i one of my lines.
If I put three &nbsp; at the beginning of a line, followed by some text, and
then an fo:inline with italic, the words overlap where the inline fo object
is.

e.g.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Hello this is my test of boots <fo:inline
font-style="italic">italic floating</fo:inline> testing.

Now then, when you actually create a pdf out of this example you will notice
that "italic floating" overlaps boots.  Why would this happen and is there
anything I can do to fix this, other than removing the &nbsp;'s?  Thank you
all sooo much.

zach