From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: PDF full screen mode...
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:52:25 GMT
On Jun 11, 2008, at 17:42, Philipp Wagner wrote:

> Andreas Delmelle schrieb:
>> Remains the question of how to add this hint in the FO-file, and
>> output the /PageMode tag in the catalog when needed.
>
> I just had a look how other formatters are doing that.
>
> Antenna House uses a document-info tag below the <fo:root> element,
> see the specs here: http://www.antennahouse.com/xslfo/axf3-
> extension.htm
>
> RenderX XEP does it using a processing instruction like
> <?xep-pdf-view-mode full-screen?>
> specs: http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#Initial_Zoom
>
> I actually like the Antenna House variant a bit better, but
> document-info seems still to be the wrong name for it ;)

Personally, I was thinking in that direction, but something like
fox:pdf-catalog, which would not only allow users to specify the /
PageMode, but basically anything that can be provided there (also the
more general /ViewerPreferences for example...) Obviously, that
extension element would be completely ignored for other output formats.

Anyway: Thanks for looking this up and sharing the info!

Cheers

Andreas