From Justus-b...@Piater.name
Subject n-up PDF
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:53:20 GMT
Hi -

There's a bunch of solutions out there for n-up *printing*, but that's
really all they're good for. In a way they're all kludges; all methods
I know lose all (internal as well as external) links in the
process. (Please tell me if you know of methods that don't.)

Instead of trying to re-layout a PDF file, it seem that a much cleaner
solution would be to produce n-up PDF in the first place.

As far as I know, there's no provision for this in XSL-FO. But perhaps
it's not that hard to do at the formatting level? Perhaps FOP could,
triggered by a command-line switch, render at 1/n scale to 1/n-size
logical pages, and then arrange n logical pages per physical page,
taking proper care of internal links?

Justus