From Rakesh Kumar S <Rakesh_Kuma...@infosys.com>
Subject Problem with Asian Language fonts
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:04:37 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with displaying Asian Language fonts in PDF.Ours is a Java application using
hibernate and we have a reporting module where we need to print reports as PDF's.
We are using apache FOP for this purpose.

Our application allows the users to enter in asian language fonts Japenese, Chinese, Korean
languages.
Now those languages get stored in the DB.

When they are stored in the DB they get converted into encoded values and are saved.

While converting into PDF we have two steps:

1. Convert the Object into XML using castor framework.
2. Convert the XML into a PDF using FOP.

My problem is that the characters are appearing as encoded text in the PDF also. I am using
UTF-8 encoding.I am using Arial Unicode MS Font that allows Asian language fonts.
Please find the PDF attached.
Could someone guide me how to overcome this problem.

Tell me where this conversion should actually happen,should this happen in while i generate
the XML or while i convert this into PDF.

Please find the PDF and the XML Generated Attached.
Please do guide me as i am totally stuck and unable to proceed as i am running out of options.

Thanks,
Rakesh Kumar S

Infosys e-mail system.