From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: Color Profile not applied
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:06:45 GMT
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> FOP 0.95beta uses the sRGB color space by default (because XSL-FO
> defines all RGB colors in the sRGB color space). FOP always embeds an
> sRGB color profile. So specifying another sRGB color space explicitely
> doesn't have any effect. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "an issue
> regarding color brilliance"?
>
> Please also see my previous answers on similar questions:
> http://markmail.org/message/3tuims2gjbconya5
> http://markmail.org/message/qithk3gcoyrane3a

Well in fact Dominique and I work together on this question so this was
yet another attempt to solve the color saturation "issue" in aircraft
manuals.
Since your detailed answer (a couple of months ago) I've learned quite a
few things (reading the PDF Reference Manual, among others) so I realize
now that there are a couple interesting points in your post which I
missed at that time.
One of them was a hint that "rendering intents" could be a solution.
Well, FYI, I've tried a patch in PdfImageXObject to add
/Intent /Saturation
to the image dictionaries and well... it does not seem to change
anything in the way Acrobat Reader renders the document.
Now I understand also that sRGB is in a certain way part of the FO
"standard" (another point I missed) and that's the reason why it is
implemented this way in FOP.
But I guess we'll need some kind of local patch, e.g. a rewrite of
PNGImageDecoder / Encoder in xmlgraphics-commons, rendering our PNG's in
/DeviceRGB, to achieve the result our customer needs.

Thanks, any comment or suggestion welcome !