From "Griffin,Sean" <SGRIF...@CERNER.COM>
Subject RE: Inline blocks in fop 0.94 (not block with inlines)
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 13:08:58 GMT
I'm not exactly sure I follow the question, but I think (hope) I understand it well enough
to answer.  The example you gave seems a bit off, though, as I don't see how the word "Test3"
would ever break in the middle.  The only break opportunity in the "Test3 Test3" inline would
be at the space between the first "Test3" and second "Test3".  If you truly don't want spaces
within inlines to be treated as break opportunities, it seems a possible solution would be
to replace all space characters (&#x20;) with non-breaking space characters (&#xA0;).

Also...

<block>
<inline>Test1</inline>
<inline>Test2</inline>
</block>

Will not create "Test1 Test2" but "Test1Test2", so if you do want a break opportunity between
those inlines, you'll need to insert them manually.

-----Original Message-----
From: gtsopour [mailto:gtsopour@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 5:15 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Inline blocks in fop 0.94 (not block with inlines)

<fo:block>
<fo:inline>Text1</fo:inline>
<fo:inline>Text2</fo:inline>
</fo:block>
I have a block and i put in it some inlines, as shown in the example. I want
the inlines untouched-solid in a single line if they fit and if they don't
feet , then change line main whole(do not get cut at the end of current line
and continue at the next line). I How to keep the last inline in a single
line, in case that it is too large too fit;;;;;;;;;
Example

(inlines seprated by coma(,))
NOT

 |||||||Test1 Test1, Test2 Test2, Test3 Te||||||||

BUT

 |||||||Test1 Test1, Test2 Test2,||||||||
 |||||||Test3 Test3||||||||

Thanks in advance!!!