From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with asian language fonts
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:42:57 GMT
Rakesh Kumar S wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have problem regarding display of Asian Language fonts in FOP.
>
> 1. I am using Castor Framework to convert my Objects to XML.
> 2. I am passing this XML and the input XSL to the transformer and flushing out the PDF.
>
> In the DB they are sorted as encoded characters, now i am confused where i have to do
this conversion into chinese characters.

> Should this be done by castor framewrok which transforms my objects into XML,should i
introduce the encoding here?
> Or
> Should i get the characters as encoded string in the XML and convert them into chinese
characters while i am printing them as PDF.

You need to make sure that every part in your processing chain that does
byte to string or vice versa does the conversion using a UTF-8 encoding.

> transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.ENCODING,"ISO-8859-1");

This won't work as iso-8859-1 doesn't include Chinese Characters only
Western Characters.

> transformer.transform(source, new StreamResult(outTransform));
>
> I am using arial unicode font for display.

Regards,

Chris

<snip/>