From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: AW: No ImagePreloader found for *.svg
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:03:26 GMT
On 03.03.2009 21:28:18 Andreas Delmelle wrote:
<snip/>
> Using the sample tarball you provided, I cannot immediately reproduce
> any of the error messages, although I do get a complaint from
> PreloaderSVG about an "invalid byte 1 of a 1-byte UTF-8 sequence". The
> SVG is included in the end-result, nonetheless.
<snip/>

That would indicate that the SVG is ok. "invalid byte 1 of a 1-byte UTF-8
sequence" comes from Xerces (if I remember correctly) and it occurs when
the XML parser is fired up on a binary file during image preloading. No
chance to suppress that from FOP.

Another idea, but probably with little chance of success in this
particular case: Try replacing Xerces with the version bundled with FOP,
i.e. put xerces.jar in <JRE-HOME>/lib/endorsed. It's really unlikely (as
you're using Java 1.6) but maybe it's a namespace problem with the XML
parser.

You can also set the log level for org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.spi.ImageImplRegistry
to DEBUG level so you can observe if PreloaderSVG is actually registered.

If that doesn't help, I'm out of ideas and the only thing left is
debugging PreloaderSVG.java in FOP.

Jeremias Maerki