From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: Index and Pagenumbers
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:53:58 GMT
As I wrote before, the layout engine is not running anymore at that
stage, i.e. no layout manager. The adjustment code is in the area tree
called upon resolution of previously unresolved page citations.

On 06.03.2009 11:42:01 Georg Datterl wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> You are right. The line breaks are inserted before. But the area
> containing the page number fits the actual number, so there's a resize
> after everything is layouted. I'd assume, a kind of LineLayoutManager
> is called again after the pages are generated. Maybe calling a
> BlockLayoutManager too would remove the space and calling the
> PageLayoutManager would result in an endless loop.
>
> Regards,
>
> Georg Datterl
>
> ------ Kontakt ------
>
> Georg Datterl
>
> Geneon media solutions gmbh
> Gutenstetter Straße 8a
> 90449 Nürnberg
>
> HRB Nürnberg: 17193
> Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert
>
> Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
> Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20
>
> www.geneon.de

> Willmy Consult & Content GmbH:                 www.willmycc.de

and the space between the text is from the alignment, not the page-number-citation block.
Using page numbers > 100 still works, so the block at least is layouted after all page
numbers are available, not with a reserved 3M-Space.

> I'm not sure I agree with you. If the space came purely from the justification then why
doesn't FOP put more of the citations on each line. In fact I think 44 citations with a single
digit each should fit on one line.

> Regards,
>
> Chris
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > Georg Datterl
> >
> > ------ Kontakt ------
> >
> > Georg Datterl
> >
> > Geneon media solutions gmbh
> > Gutenstetter Straße 8a
> > 90449 Nürnberg
> >
> > HRB Nürnberg: 17193
> > Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert
> >
> > Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
> > Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20
> >
> > www.geneon.de
> >
> > Weitere Mitglieder der Willmy MediaGroup:
> >
> > IRS Integrated Realization Services GmbH:    www.irs-nbg.de
> > Willmy PrintMedia GmbH:                            www.willmy.de
> > Willmy Consult & Content GmbH:                 www.willmycc.de

Jeremias Maerki