From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: text-align "justify" with Japanese fonts
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 07:42:19 GMT
Maria, please note that we have almost no knowledge about Asian
languages among our current committers. You can see that from the fact
the FOP doesn't support top-to-bottom and right-to-left scripts.

It's possibly just a work-around (maybe FOP would need to do something
different for Japanese text) but you can specify this to achieve
justification:

letter-spacing.optimum="0pt" letter-spacing.maximum="2pt"

On 11.03.2009 08:18:23 Maria2009 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> converting multilingual documents, I came across another problem with blocks
> written in Japanese: they do no not print justified. I tried this with and
> without font metrics file.
>
> Does FOP not support justified print in Japanese (and Chinese, Korean?) or
> is there something I am doing wrong?
>
> I include a zip-archive with a small dummy text-xml, the fo-file and the PDF
> outcome.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Maria
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p22449819/Archiv.zip Archiv.zip