From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Font registration
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:44:48 GMT
It's a known issue that programmatic font configuration is not ideal at
the moment. I see two possible routes short of doing the full
refactoring of the font subsystem that would be the ideal solution but
take a lot of effort:

1. Take a look at PrintRendererConfigurator to see how you could emulate
the auto-detection from outside FOP:
http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/PrintRendererConfigurator.java?view=markup

2. Create the XML configuration in code by constructing
DefaultConfiguration (from Avalon Framework) elements. This works much
like a DOM. You can then pass the Configuration object to the FopFactory.

HTH

On 11.03.2009 22:02:21 Steve Ebersole wrote:
> I develop a maven plugin which does docbook processing.  It's a little
> different in that it utilizes maven's artifact/dependency capabilities
> to pull the individual pieces (xslt, images, css, etc) together
> dynamically.
>
> I'd love for the same to happen with fonts with the fop/dpf processing.
> looking over http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html and
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#autodetect but am not
> really seeing the way to do this.  The main issue is that this most all
> be accomplished programatically in my plugin code.
>
> Of course part of the problem is that I really have no background in fop
> nor docbook :)
>
> Anyway, does anyone have thoughts on how this might be cool to
> accomplish?
>
> -
>
> Steve Ebersole
> Project Lead