From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: barcode4j JAR-files unavailable after export from Eclipse
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:01:34 GMT
I don't use Eclipse's export JAR feature so I can't tell if Eclipse does
something wrong. But the error indicates that the XMLHandler for
Barcode4J isn't registered. If I understand you correctly fop.jar and
the JAR with the Barcode4J extension are combined in the same JAR file.
Right? In that case, the error is almost certainly due to a not properly
merged META-INF/services/org.apache.fop.render.XMLHandler file. The one
from fop.jar is probably taking precedence and the one from the
Barcode4J JAR is discarded.

If you want to properly merge those JARs (which I find a bad idea in the
first place), you have to properly merge all files from the
META-INF/services directory (so all entries from all JARs are combined).

The mechanism we're using here is part of the JAR specification:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#Service%20Provider

On 17.03.2009 07:39:54 Frank Niedermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a working FOP application with barcode4j in Eclipse. Now I try to
> export this application in Eclipse so I can provide it to users as single
> JAR-file.
>
> Unfortunately if I run the exported JAR I get the following message:
>
> 2009-03-17 07:36:33,230 WARN  [org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMappingRegistry]
> Unknown formatting object http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns^barcode
>
> Everything else is working correct, FOP is generating the PDF output file.
>
> Is there a reason why Eclipse won't make the barcode4j JAR-files available
> in the exported JAR-file? Any idea how I can enable those missing JAR-files?
>
> Thanks,
>   Frank

Jeremias Maerki