From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Generating PDF from xml containing Hebrew characters
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:15:23 GMT
FOP doesn't currently support right-to-left scripts. There have been
several attempts to address this problem but so far this wasn't carried
through to the end. The biggest problem is the lack of knowledge about
non-latin scripts inside the FOP team. All help is welcome.

As a work-around, you can try to reorder the characters yourself in XSLT.
Some people seem to have done this in the past.

On 26.03.2009 08:43:45 Tusshar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using FOP 0.95 to generate PDF from xml containing hebrew characters.
>
> The PDF is getting generated but the hebrew characters in the xml are
> getting reversed in PDF.
>
> Can anybody please help me if I am missing any XSL-FO configuration over
> here?
>
> Or are right-to-left characters supported in FOP 0.95?
>
> I am attaching herewith the xml file to be converted, xsl file and the
> generated PDF.
>
> The charcaters in ResultXML2PDF.pdf are exactly reversed as that in
> SampleHTML.xml.
>
> Request help on this issue.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Tushar