From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Creating an Accessible PDF
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:25:28 GMT
Indeed, current FOP versions don't support that. But you're lucky: we've
recently accepted a contribution by Jost Klopfstein who implemented this.
The code is currently still in a development branch pending some points
that have been raised during the review (I should really find time to
get to that). Please check out that development branch and try it out.
Feedback (and maybe even some additional help) would be very welcome.

Here's the branch:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Accessibility

See also:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/PDF_Accessibility
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/LogicalStructure

On 26.03.2009 22:11:14 TD Tom wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I would like to know who to create an Accessible PDF (tagged PDF) that can
> be read aloud by a screen reader. We currently use Apache FOP 0.20.5 but I
> cannot seem to produce a tagged PDF. Is there a way this can be achieved?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tom McGaughey

Jeremias Maerki