From Maria2009 <ma...@shinoto.de>
Subject Re: Making East Asian text look good
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:33:24 GMT

Hi,

Andreas Delmelle-2 wrote:

> This all got me thinking: in the "normal" case, where letter-spacing
> has its initial value, it should normally come from the font. I'll
> have to check whether this means that either the font does not contain
> this info, or maybe it's there but FOP does not find it in the place
> it expects...

I just checked a number of fonts now and realised that there are extremely
large differences as well as line height and spacing between each character
/letter is concerned. I seems to me that this is nothing that FOP can deal
with -- too many individual problems with each font. But it can be easily
controlled with absolute line-height values and the letter-spacing.

Thanks for taking these rather "exotic" problems into account!

Maria