From Frank Niedermann <...@thelogic.org>
Subject Re: barcode4j JAR-files unavailable after export from Eclipse
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:55:49 GMT

Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:

>> yes you are right, fop.jar and the Barcode4J JAR-file are both
>> merged into one JAR-file. What's so bad about this idea?
>
> Exactly the additional work necessary to make this work. And when you
> want to upgrade, the same story all over again instead of just replacing
> a JAR. But it's up to you.

I see it the other way round: If there is an update, users only
have to replace the one JAR-file. For me that's like deploying
a WAR-file or so ... :)

Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:

>> Am I missing something else?
>
> No, that should be it. But I can't tell from what I'm seeing if you made
> any other mistake along the way. If the error message still occurs
> there's still a problem with either the registration or the presence of
> the extension in the class path hierarchy. The only thing you can do now
> is setting breakpoints in org.apache.xmlgraphics.util.Service and
> org.apache.fop.render.XMLHandlerRegistry. You can also enable log level
> DEBUG on org.apache.fop.render.XMLHandlerRegistry which should tell you
> which extension classes were actually registered.

Uh I don't know if it's possible to debug the JAR-file and I don't find
org.apache.fop.render.XMLHandlerRegistry. Can you go into detail about
how to enable log level DEBUG for Barcode4J?

Thanks,
  Frank