From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: putting different marks on the last page which gets extended when data flows in dynamically
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:25:44 GMT
On 11 Mar 2009, at 11:54, Bibhu_Das wrote:

> I have exactly done the same as you have told. But the last page you
> have described if gets extended to more number of pages at run time
> when data flows in dynamically from an xml, then how to handle it.
> Suppose the last page gets extended to one more page, so how to put
> a different mark on the last page which has got extended. Because as
> per the design, the same mark will be printed on both the pages in a
> header.
>
> Hope you understand my question.

Let's see... If there are only three pages, you need no mark, right?
And when there are more than three you do need it to appear on the
last page.

It seems you have two options:
- make sure that a different fo:marker is generated in both cases
(whether that is possible, depends on the input)
- extend the example a bit further, so the page-sequence master looks
like:

    <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="pages">
      <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives maximum-repeats="3">
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="first"
master-reference="FirstPage"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="any"
          master-reference="IntermediatePage"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last"
master-reference="LastPage"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="any"
          master-reference="IntermediatePage"/>
    </fo:page-sequence-master>

The 'LastPage' page-master will only be used if the fo:page-sequence
generates more than three pages (= the number of maximum-repeats for
the first set of alternatives will be exceeded).

HTH!

Andreas