From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: page break in table cells
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:58:13 GMT
On 11 Mar 2009, at 19:15, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> <snip />
> It seems like three rows with a forced rowspan of two set in the
> first column, is what is needed to trigger the desired result here.

Just tried with a fresh checkout, and FOP Trunk chooses a less
desirable layout in this case.

XXX AAA
-------
XXX BBB
XXX
XXX
-------
     CCC

Although correct, the first break yields better demerits if the
content in both cells for the first row is roughly the same. What
happens on the next page does not influence this.

I did manage to get very close by adding an empty block in the AAA
cell after the main block, and specifying some forced space-before on
it. In that case, the algorithm is tricked into thinking that there is
more 'content' in that cell, and allows more lines from the first
column to appear on the first page.

HTH!

Andreas