From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject AW: AW: Index and Pagenumbers
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:30:02 GMT
Hi Andreas,

In my case, I don't need the index before the pages are created (and as far as I understood,
other implementations of this feature only relayout the index pages, leaving empty pages,
if too many lines are cleaned). And I don't mind implementing a FOP1.1 feature, but I do feel
a bit like Frodo in Rivendell when reading the specification.

For example, according to the specification, what should happen if two referenced block following
each other are in the same page-sequence as the index and after the index and at the beginning
of a new page? When merging, one block would move to the previous page, therefore the page
number would change, therefore no merging, so the block moves back one page, then the numbers
could be merged, but the the block would move again. I think I'm getting a headache.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl