From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject AW: page break in table cells
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:44:26 GMT
Thanks for your help, Andreas,

But your solution only makes the first column blocks 5cm longer. If there's more space in
the first column, it's not used. And if the second column block + 5cm is longer than page
height, the empty block flows to the second page and the text block for the second page is
moved to the third page. I'm afraid, that's not dynamical enough for me.

In my real live case, I have a table in the right column which can spread over multiple pages.
In the left column I have some images which should pe printed on each page, no matter how
many pages the table spans. At the moment I generate the table and one set of images, have
a look at the area tree and find out, how many pages the table spans. Then I go back to the
fo-file and insert image blocks as needed. I guess, I could ask the area tree for the size
of the image block and the sizes of the table blocks and then calculate a space-after or padding-after
for the  image blocks instead of the page breaks. Does that sound possible and which area
tree attribute should I look at to get the realtime height of the blocks?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl