From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Index and Pagenumbers
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 19:45:56 GMT
On 05 Mar 2009, at 20:31, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

>> <snip />
>> I think, if one would take the time to artificially generate a
>> first page-sequence with pages containing a lot of citations
>> pointing towards the end of the document, you would already see
>> side-effects to some extent. The actual page-numbers cannot be
>> resolved before the line-breaks are computed, so... and here I'm
>> not entirely certain. I have not yet run such test extensively
>> myself.

FWIW, just ran the quickest test I could think of... see attachment
PDF for the result of:

<root xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" >
  <layout-master-set>
   <simple-page-master page-height="11in"
        page-width="8.5in"
        margin-left="1in"
        margin-right="1in"
        margin-top="2in"
        margin-bottom="2in"
        master-name="foo">
    <region-body/>
   </simple-page-master>
  </layout-master-set>
  <page-sequence master-reference="foo">
   <flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
     <block text-align="justify" id="block-1">
       <page-number-citation ref-id="block-2"/>,
       <!-- repeat x 44 -->
       <page-number-citation ref-id="block-2"/>
     </block>
   </flow>
  </page-sequence>
  <page-sequence master-reference="foo">
   <flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
     <block id="block-2">This is the block we point to</block>
   </flow>
  </page-sequence>
</root>