From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: page break in table cells
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:08:01 GMT

On 11 Mar 2009, at 19:58, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> I did manage to get very close by adding an empty block in the AAA
> cell after the main block, and specifying some forced space-before
> on it. In that case, the algorithm is tricked into thinking that
> there is more 'content' in that cell, and allows more lines from the
> first column to appear on the first page.

Come to think of it: this approach could solve the problem with using
just one fo:table-row as well. The only thing to remember there, is to
also set space-before.conditionality to retain. Since the page-break
happens within the confines of the table-cell, there is no fence
between the empty block, and the following one, so this would result
in the space being discarded.

So, to summarize the proposed workaround/FO hack, in the original
sample, you would only need to add something like:

  ... This text should be on the first page.</fo:block>
   <fo:block space-before.optimum="5cm"
             space-before.precedence="force"
             space-before.conditionality="retain" />

And probably also between the second and third pages, to make sure all
of the remaining content in the first column ends up on the second page.

HTH!

Andreas