From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: (fop 0.94) long table will not insert page break
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:28:18 GMT
On 08 Mar 2009, at 19:17, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> <snip />
> Checking the Recommendation, I think this points to a limitation of
> FOP: if you were to specify a value of "repeat" for the "overflow"
> property, this should (in theory) generate the effect of the
> viewport-/reference-area pair being repeated if the content
> overflows the specified dimensions. I don't think FOP currently
> supports this, however...

Sorry, I have to take that back. Under 7.21.2, the value of "repeat"
is explicitly defined for absolute or fixed positioned FOs. It should
generate the same effect as "auto". According to the XSL-FO Rec, this
would mean the same as "scroll", but I personally haven't investigated
whether this would apply to PDF. A quick search in the PDF Reference
(1.5) reveals that the word "scrollbar" appears nowhere, and the word
"scroll" only appears in the context of PDF Form objects (list boxes,
text boxes). For PostScript, this obviously does not apply. For Java2D
it would definitely make sense...

Andreas