From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: AW: No ImagePreloader found for *.svg
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:15:54 GMT
On 04 Mar 2009, at 09:40, Francesc Alted wrote:

Hi

> I've managed to do this (changing the LOGLEVEL from INFO to DEBUG),
> and
> you can see the result in:
>
> http://pytables.org/temporal/fop-debug.out

Ok, so we know for certain that the PreloaderSVG is registered nicely.

(Below some more info, which is probably only useful for devs)
Following the trail from where the error message is thrown:
ExternalGraphic.bind()
-> commons.image.loader.ImageManager.getImageInfo()
-> commons.image.loader.ImageManager.preloadImage()

Now, it seems to me that, depending on the ImagePreloader
implementation, it is possible for this error message to appear, even
though a preloader was found.

I mean, looking at ImageManager.preloadImage(), if PreloaderSVG is
present, but its preloadImage() returns null due to an internal
IOException, then we'll get an ImageException giving the impression
that the preloader was not found, while it was merely unable to
process the file for some reason.

Is it expected/permitted for a preloader to obtain a null ImageInfo in
preloadImage() and simply return it? How do we distinguish between a
preloader that is not suited for the file format and one that should
be, but is unable to load the file...?

Regarding the failing PNG: it's a very long shot, but this could be
related to the ImageIO implementation, as the
commons.image.loader.impl.imageio.ImageIOPreloader is used for those.

Cheers

Andreas