From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: AW: No ImagePreloader found for *.svg
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:59:58 GMT
On 03 Mar 2009, at 19:20, Francesc Alted wrote:

Hi

> Jeremias Maerki <dev <at> jeremias-maerki.ch> writes:
>

>> Probably a class-loader issue. I'd avoid using the CLASSPATH
>> environment
>> variable wherever possible (which is pretty much always). Please make
>> sure fop.jar, xmlgraphics-commons.jar and batik.jar are specified
>> at the
>> same level in the class-loader hierarchy, i.e. in the same -cp
>> statement
>> when starting the JVM, in the same WAR file or whatever you're
>> doing to
>> run FOP.
>
> Sorry, but I'm a bit naive with java environments.  I see this file:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3318083 31 jul  2008 /usr/share/fop/lib/batik-
> all-1.7.jar
>
> which is large enough to suppose that the entire batik is there,
> correct?

Yes.

> If this is true, I suppose that the next lines in the main fop shell
> script:
> <snip />
>
> should be enough to include batik in the class-loader hierarchy (I've
> checked that $FOP_HOME is /usr/share/fop).  Or am I missing something?

No, you're correct.

Everything you posted after this looks correct too, so I'm a bit
puzzled. The file-permissions should be fine. I just tried changing
them to read-only on my end, and this posed no problems whatsoever.

Try running FOP with the '-d' switch. You should get a bit more info
about what happens before the error occurs, which could give a hint as
to what's going wrong...

Regards

Andreas