From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: (fop 0.94) long table will not insert page break
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:17:06 GMT
On 08 Mar 2009, at 19:09, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

>> <!-- invoice -->
>> <fo:block-container top="10.5cm" left="0cm" width="100%"
>> height="950mm"
>> position="absolute">
>
> Why do you need an absolute positioned block-container with fixed
> dimensions?
>
> Just asking, because this is precisely why FOP assumes the content
> to be unbreakable. If you were to remove that, the table should
> break nicely over multiple pages, if the content exceeds the page-
> height.

Checking the Recommendation, I think this points to a limitation of
FOP: if you were to specify a value of "repeat" for the "overflow"
property, this should (in theory) generate the effect of the viewport-/
reference-area pair being repeated if the content overflows the
specified dimensions. I don't think FOP currently supports this,
however...

Regards

Andreas