From Manuel Mall ...@arcus.com.au>
Subject RE: Fixed Column Width not working.
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:11:16 GMT
Go to your Print dialog, select Page Scaling None.

In the "Preview: Composite" box it will now show under the preview your
document size and your paper size. If they are identical then Adobe will
shrink your document to make it fit the printable area size which is smaller
than the paper size. Adobe doesn't know anything about margins in the PDF.
It knows the page size in the PDF and it knows (from the printer driver) the
printable area available to it. In your case the page size in the PDF is
bigger than the printable area so it will scale it down to make everything
fit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick [mailto:pthomas@trey-industries.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 31 March 2009 11:55 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Fixed Column Width not working.

I understand what your saying. What I still don't get is why Adobe feels the
need to scale my form in the first place. It fits perfectly fine within the
printable area. What is Adobe seeing that is telling it that it needs to
shrink
down my form? Is the paper size? The margins? If the table that I'm creating
is
wider than the paper, it just cuts it off. It doesn't scale down to fit
everything in the width.