From Bibhu_Das <Bibhu_...@satyam.com>
Subject putting different marks on the last page which gets extended when data flows in dynamically
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:54:31 GMT
Hi Andreas,
Thanks for your reply.....
I have exactly done the same as you have told. But the last page you have described if gets
extended to more number of pages at run time when data flows in dynamically from an xml, then
how to handle it. Suppose the last page gets extended to one more page, so how to put a different
mark on the last page which has got extended. Because as per the design, the same mark will
be printed on both the pages in a header.
Hope you understand my question.
Hi
But here we have already categorized three pages as
FirstPageLayout , all-2NDpages,and all-3RDpages. But my concern is
regarding when 3RDpages which we have designed statically increase
to more number of pages (or gets extended) when volume of data
increases for that page dynamically flowing from xml (like call
details on the invoice)  ,how to put  a different mark on the last
page which depends on the volume of data at the run time .

I'm not entirely certain I understand the question correctly, but some
minor changes to the example Vincent posted could be what you need:

1) Add a region-before to the 'last' simple-page-master
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="LastPage"
      page-height="15cm" page-width="15cm" margin="1cm">
      <fo:region-body background-color="#E0E0F0" margin-top="1cm" />
      <fo:region-before region-name="last-region-before" extent="2cm" />
    </fo:simple-page-master>

2) Define a static-content, bound to that last-region-before, with a
retrieve-marker
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="pages">
    <fo:static-content flow-name="last-region-before">
      <fo:block>Header <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="mark"
retrieve-position="last-ending-within-page" /></fo:block>
    </fo:static-content>
    <fo:flow ...>

3) Make sure some markers appear in the flow
      <fo:block><fo:marker marker-class-name="mark">Mark</fo:marker></
fo:block>

HTH!

Andreas

Thanks