From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Normalizing space and special spaces
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:27:12 GMT
On 24 Mar 2009, at 14:27, Maria2009 wrote:

Hi Maria

> the whitespace collaps works in my case as well, but whitespace
> collaps
> basically works only with the same normal space character.

Minor correction: with all XML white-space, that is
- a regular space
- a linefeed
- a tab or,
- a carriage-return.

All other types of white-space (like zero-width space, non-breaking
space etc.) is unaffected by that property.

See the definition of white-space-collapse, and white-space-treatment
in XSL-FO.

> What I thought of is a collaps not only between the normal spaces,
> but also between normal and
> special spaces.

That would be an extension to XSL-FO.

Regards