From "Hamacher, Eric" <Eric_Hamac...@gallup.com>
Subject rocky transition from XEP to Apache FOP
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:30:53 GMT
Java 1.5.0_16
FOP 0.94
XEP Version 4.14 build 20081212

Just looking for some ideas.

We're trying to leave XEP for Apache FOP but it's been a rough ride for our FO documents.
 These documents run fine when generating PDFs in XEP but results in damaged PDFs with many
severe errors.  Unfortunately,  I can't share a FO document with you.   The root element of
a typical FO looks like

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
         xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-datatypes"
         xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions"
         font-family="Arial"
         font-size="8pt">

Could there be a problem with the version of FO being used?

Thanks

J.  ERIC  HAMACHER
Software Application Developer
608.664.3859
8476 Greenway Boulevard
Suite 100
Middleton, WI  53562
USA
GALLUP Technology

Achiever | Learner | Restorative | Intellection | Deliberative

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments, if any, may contain confidential
and privileged material and are intended only for the person or entity to which the message
is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, disclosure, or copying of this information is unauthorized and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.