From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: block margin as a percentage 0.95 / 0.93 difference
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:54:54 GMT
On 04 Mar 2009, at 12:13, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

Hi

> John Escott wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a problem setting a block margin-right to a percentage
>> if the
>> block is the first child of its containing block and this
>> containing block
>> is within a block-container. The effect is as though the right-
>> margin is
>> 0. (Using fop 0.95 with pdf output)
> <snip />
> This indeed sounds like a bug. Would you mind creating a bug report on
> Bugzilla, and attach a small FO file showing the error?
> https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fop

FWIW, it seems to be a rather special case...

The block-container has "auto" ipd (determined by the content), so I'm
assuming that at the point the block[@id='2'] is processed, the
percentage is resolved as "40% of zero". After this block, the block-
container's ipd will be updated, so for following blocks there is no
problem (although we could get weird-looking fluctuations in case more
and wider blocks are added)

No immediate idea on whether it would be difficult to correct, so that
it works the same as in 0.93. If my above assumption is correct, an
immediate workaround may be to specify the inline-progression-
dimension on the block-container (if possible).

Cheers

Andreas