From Francesc Alted <fal...@pytables.org>
Subject Re: AW: No ImagePreloader found for *.svg
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:40:47 GMT
Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delmelle <at> telenet.be> writes:

> Not really as detailed as I had hoped, but I guess that would need
> some more fiddling with the logger options... See the fop script, all
> the way at the bottom, and uncomment  the LOGCHOICE for Commons
> SimpleLog and the LOGLEVEL. If I do that over here, the first lines
> immediately show which ImagePreloader implementations are registered.

I've managed to do this (changing the LOGLEVEL from INFO to DEBUG), and
you can see the result in:

http://pytables.org/temporal/fop-debug.out

> Anyway, something else to check:
> > 3-mar-09 8:26:09
> > org.apache.fop.fo.properties.CommonBorderPaddingBackground <init>
> > SEVERE: Background image not available:
> > http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png
>
> Does this PNG fail because you are not connected to the internet? Is
> the URL incorrect, or could this be related to the current issue?

I don't know, but I have access to this file for sure:

wget http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png
--2009-03-04 09:37:00--  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png
S'està resolent docbook.sourceforge.net... 216.34.181.96
S'està connectant a docbook.sourceforge.net|216.34.181.96|:80...connectat.
HTTP: s'ha enviat la petició, s'està esperant una resposta...200 OK
Mida: 17454 (17K) [image/png]
S'està desant a: «draft.png.1»

2009-03-04 09:37:01 (102 KB/s) - s'ha desat «draft.png» [17454/17454]

> Using the sample tarball you provided, I cannot immediately reproduce
> any of the error messages, although I do get a complaint from
> PreloaderSVG about an "invalid byte 1 of a 1-byte UTF-8 sequence". The
> SVG is included in the end-result, nonetheless.

Yeah.  As I have said, fop seems to work perfectly in my old laptop too :-\
I don't know, but that could be a 64-bit problem?  Is anybody running
a 64-bit OS that can give the tarball a try?

Francesc