From Remko Tronçon <re...@el-tramo.be>
Subject OpenType CFF support
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 06:59:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking at implementing OpenType CFF support in FOP, and had a few
questions.

I know how to parse the CFF data in an OTF file, but I was wondering
what data FOP is actually interested in. I notice that, for normal
TrueType glyph data, FOP retrieves the bounding box for each glyph.
However, AFAIK, CFF only has glyph charstring data, plus some global
data (such as global bounding boxes). So, apart from ensuring that CFF
fonts are embedded properly in PDFs, what's to be done exactly to make
FOP support CFF?

cheers,
Remko