From "Amick, Eric" <Eric.Am...@mail.house.gov>
Subject Strange bug in 0.95?
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 16:31:34 GMT
I have the following simple FO:

<root xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" font-family="Times">
    <layout-master-set>
        <simple-page-master master-name="page" margin=".25in"
                            page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in">
            <region-body/>
        </simple-page-master>
    </layout-master-set>
    <page-sequence master-reference="page">
        <flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
            <block-container height="100%" border="solid" padding="1em">
                <block>Hello</block>
            </block-container>
        </flow>
    </page-sequence>
</root>

I was expecting the border to be the same distance from every edge of
the page, but the resulting PDF has the side and bottom edges of the box
closer to the edges of the page; in fact, the bottom edge of the box is
off the page. If I remove the padding, the border appears as I was
expecting. It appears that the padding is causing the height and width
of the block-container to increase instead of reducing the available
area inside the block-container's border. Am I missing something, or is
this a bug?

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk