From jgriff...@cssi.org
Subject Re: rendered image quality when rendering to PDF
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 16:22:12 GMT
I gave up and switched to SVG. That resolved the
problem completely. The JPG issue seems to be a
rasterization problem. The original graphic was
produced at one resolution, and FOP/PDF seems to want
to scan it a second time at a different resolution.
I wasn't able to find a way to get the two resolutions
to match and also avoid changes in aspect ratio.
In the end, I just gave up (too many transformations)
and switched to SVG. That image gets created by the
PDF file, so there's not loss or noise introduced
in the final image.

Jeff Griffith
CSSI