From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: PDF document asking
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 11:55:07 GMT
On 28 May 2009, at 13:42, 3melie wrote:

Hi

> I am programmatically rendering a pdf document from XSL-FO using FOP
> and now
> I want to disable copying and editing in it.
>
> I am setting my encryption-params, but although I am not specifying
> a user
> password the file produced says it is password protected and it is
> asking
> for a password.
>
> I ve tried:
> <snip />
> Am I doing something wrong?

The samples you provided set the user password, which triggers the
dialog. The user password can be left blank if you want to avoid this,
but the sample code you provided leaves the owner password blank and
sets the user password to "password".

see: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/pdfencryption.html
Under 'Usage (embedded)' you can find the parameter definitions. The
first parameter is the user password, the second is the owner password.

HTH!

Andreas