From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: PDF document asking
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 13:07:06 GMT
On 28 May 2009, at 14:26, 3melie wrote:

Hi

> Thank you very much for your answers.
>
> I am using fop-0.95
>
> What I d like to do is to disable copying and editing of the PDF but
> withought having the file password protected.
> Is this possible?

Yes, but due to the mentioned issue (which still exists in 0.95) this
may not work in some versions of Adobe Reader, and I know Preview on
Mac OS has problems with that too. It depends on which /ID entry the
viewer application actually uses.

If one leaves the user password blank, that should normally suffice to
impose no restrictions on viewing.

Not sure if it is a possibility for you to download and build FOP
Trunk. If you have Subversion and Ant available on your system, then
it requires virtually no extra effort. Just check out with Subversion,
navigate to FOP's root directory in a terminal window, and run 'ant
package' to create the fop.jar.

see also: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html#source

HTH!

Andreas