From Richard Forrester <rc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Getting PDF output to display Russian characters
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 17:31:46 GMT

Hello,

I have files that I produce that are in other languages.    However,  when
I try to publish in Russian, I get # sign instead of the Russian character.
Is there an easy way to configure FOP so that it will produce those Russian
characters.    I can create text files and html files that display the
characters, so they must be installed on my machine and the server.
Here's my config file, could it be something in there?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- NOTE: This is the version of the configuration -->.
<fop version="1.0">

  <!-- Base URL for resolving relative URLs -->
  <base>http://gpt.boulder.ibm.com/xsl/</base>>

  <!-- Information for specific renderers -->
  <!-- Uses renderer mime type for renderers -->
  <renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
      <fonts>
        <!-- automatically detect operating system installed fonts -->
      <auto-detect/>
      </fonts>>
    </renderer>
  </renderers>>